If you have no or limited experience with then this course is for you. In this course, we will teach you the essentials of R and RStudio in order to get started with GGIR.
What will you learn:
- How to install R, RStudio, and GGIR
- The RStudio interface
- Basic R commands
- How to find documentation about R packages and functions
- Brief introduction of how to use GGIR. Note that the use of GGIR is also covered by the GGIR standard course. In the R essentials course we will only focus on the required R skills with no attention to what GGIR does.
- Anyone without R experience interested in using GGIR to process wearable accelerometer data.
- Day 1:
- Download and install R and RStudio
- Familiarization with the RStudio interface
- Basic R commands needed to get started with GGIR
- R functions
- How to find documentation
- Day 2:
- Download and install GGIR
- How to find GGIR documentation
- The GGIR function
- Specifying the paths to the data and output directories
- A computer (macOS, Windows, Linux) with at least 5GB space to store files and process data. We are not using cloud services because we think it is important that you directly familiarise yourself with using GGIR on your own computer.
- If you are not the administrator of your computer, please install the latest version of R and RStudio before the course. We will explain how to download and install R and RStudio, yet you might not be able to install it without administrator rights in your computer.
- No prior knowledge of R or RStudio is required.
- A computer with working camera. We may ask you to turn on your camera to proof that you are attending the session alone.
Suggestions (not required):
- Working with two screens can be beneficial to follow the course on one screen and to try out GGIR on the other screen.
The payment process is explained in the GGIR training overview page.
Do you have questions about the training or the booking process? Do not hesitate to contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org.Return to GGIR training overview page